This year, the steering committee of Creative Young Entrepreneur Luxembourg (CYEL) interviewed almost 30 start-ups from different sectors such as fintech, agri-tech, space, environment, energy and blockchain. From these, the committee selected a group of ten finalists who will compete in the finals on 1 December.
Most of the candidates selected for the CYEL competition have developed ideas to help society optimise the use of resources and reduce its impact on the earth. The competition is organised by Junior Chamber International Luxembourg to look for young entrepreneurs aged between 18 and 40 who work within or own a company established in Luxembourg. They award the most creative young entrepreneur in Luxembourg.
“On behalf of JCI Luxembourg, we want to thank all 27 startups who participated in the CYEL. We are incredibly proud of this year’s 2022 CYEL finalists who have stepped forward with marvellous innovations, precisely at a time when we’re facing such grave global challenges,” said Siva Bactavatchalou, CYEL 2022 director.
Who are the top ten finalists?
· BlocHome by Maroun Altekly: rethinking and redefining the notion of property by using the blockchain technology
· Cascade by Maciej Waloszyk: Provides meaningful help when it comes to automation of operational and AML/compliance duties
· Circu Li-ion by Antoine Welter: A proprietary battery cell upcycling process that is able to recover up to 80% of end-of-life battery cells and components
· Emma by Dmitry Panenkov: An easy-to-use no-code online tool aimed at automated optimisation of multi-cloud infrastructure
· Fundvis by Leonhard Kossmann: A complete fundtech platform for fund lifecycle management
· Gearthagro by Rushank Bardolia: A circular business addressing current and future food insecurity by focusing on sustainable agriculture
· Mission Space by Alex Pospekhov: Building software and hardware to monitor solar activity
· RiDERgy by Claudio Geyken: Electrify and charge fleets to accelerate the adoption of electric vehicles
· Veezzy by Lyazid Benyahya: the first community-based video production platform
· WEO by Charlotte Wirion: A specialised and innovative technology that takes low-resolution satellite data and provides detailed environmental analytics
Through the CYEL, JCI aims to transform young people into capable entrepreneurs and to integrate them into the economic and social spheres in Luxembourg and worldwide.