The transport ministry said on Wednesday that starting Monday 4 May:
- The national RGTR bus system will return to its regular schedule, including weekends and holidays.
- Luxtram will run Monday to Saturday every 10 to 15 minutes and on Sundays every 15 to 20 minutes during operating hours.
- School transport for high school students will be provided.
- Adapto transport services for people with reduced mobility will resume regular service 7 days a week.
Starting Monday 11 May:
- National railway CFL will run at least two trains per hour on all lines. Service will be further increased, particularly during peak commute times, on Monday 25 May.
- Tice, the South region’s bus network, will increase service on key lines during the week and resume normal Sunday hours. Transport service for high school students will resume. However, the Nightbus will remain suspended.
Cabaps, the transport provider for people with special needs, already started increasing service on 27 April.
Passengers must wear a face covering and avoid unnecessary contact with drivers and other passengers while on public transport. Police may issue fines to offenders.