- In the “culture” category: the underground tour of the Haut-Martelange slate museum.
An underground path takes you through the extraction chambers of the old slate quarries.
-In the “adventure” category: UBS Moonwalker Minett
The 10 to 30 kilometre nighttime moon walks are accompanied by DJs, artists and traditional Luxembourg dishes.
- In the “gastronomy” category: the Hike & Like guided walks
Craft products from the Wiltz region are presented during these walks.
-In the eco-tourism category: Benu Village Esch
This eco-village is home to the Benu Sloow post-gastronomic restaurant (which serves sustainable, local vegetarian-vegan ‘rescued food’), a hotel room, several recycling workshops and a Benu boutique.
- In the gîte (lodge) category: Minett Trail-Kabaisercher
The Minett Trail features eleven unusual dwellings (such as the renovation of the Maison Gonner) in eleven communities designed by eleven architectural companies. Read more (in French).
- In the “camping” category: Iglu Huts-Camping im Park Beaufort
These handmade cabins made from natural resources are located in the heart of the Mëllerdall nature and geology park.
- In the “hotel” category: discover Clervaux
An offer from the “Clervaux-Excellence Group” consists of a two-night stay on a half-board basis, which, combined with a hiking activity, allows people to discover the town.
- The special “deserving volunteer” prize was awarded to René Risch and Josy Fisch. Risch was rewarded for his investment in the development and promotion of the Slate Museum, while Fisch was rewarded for maintaining the 41.6 km of trails run by the Manternach tourist office.
- The special prize for the “deserving municipality” went to Esch-sur-Alzette, which is responsible for the Benu Village project.
- The “people’s favourite” prize went to the underground trail at the Musée de l’Ardoise Haut-Martelange.
This article was first published in French on Paperjam. It has been translated and edited for Delano.