The centre issued these pointers to help consumers be aware of their rights.
When choosing a provider check the following:
- Does the company have a correct mailing address?
- Is a landline telephone number provided?
- Did you receive a detailed estimate?
- Have you heard from the company (ask around, search the Internet to see if they have any people around you or if there are any reviews of the company or testimonials)?
- Did you have enough time to accept or refuse the offer?
When hiring a craftsperson, it is recommended not to accept the first offer right away but to take your time and gather several quotes for comparison.
If you have nevertheless concluded a contract outside the business premises, for example at your home, and you later realise that the offer does not meet your needs after all, you can withdraw from the contract within 14 calendar days of signing the contract without giving any reason.
If you have any questions about your rights when concluding contracts with companies from another country, consumers can contact the CEC Luxembourg for a free consultation.