In the north, the Mullerthal region and its "Little Switzerland of Luxembourg" welcome thousands of tourists, vacationers, and hikers every year. Its vast forests, hilly terrain, and rocky formations conceal numerous springs and magnificent waterfalls. Everything in its outstanding natural environment gives the region a privileged reputation in the Grand Duchy.
Further south, the Moselle region is also very popular with visitors. There are many wine and history enthusiasts, hikers, cyclists, boaters, and more each year. In fact, Luxembourg's Moselle region offers a multitude of activities you can discover on the site visitmoselle.lu.
Real estate situation
Because of its attractiveness to tourists, peaceful and privileged environment, and relative proximity to the capital, eastern Luxembourg is as valued by tourists as by families and investors who want to build their homes there. As a result, its real estate prices are not the cheapest in Luxembourg.
If you are interested in this region, here is some information on rates* in the big towns in Mullerthal and Moselle:
• In Echternach, the Mullerthal region's capital, it will cost you an average of €5,032/m2 to buy an apartment and €3,705/m2 to buy a home. If you're looking to rent, expect to pay between €10 and €14/m2.
• In Grevenmacher, the average selling price of an apartment is €4,110/m2, while the average selling price of a home is €3,363/m2. For rent, expect to pay between €11 and €16/m2.
• In Remich, it will cost you an average of €4,123/m2 to buy an apartment and €2,769/m2 to buy a home. For rent, prices range between €10 and €15/m2 on average.
• In Schengen and surrounding areas, purchasing prices are higher than in Remich: €4,481/m2 for an apartment and €3,690 for a home. For rent, expect between €14 and €17/m2.
• In Mondorf-les-Bains, the average price per square meter is €5,003 to buy an apartment and €3,611 to buy a home. To rent, expect between €15 and €18 per square meter. *According to the Housing Observatory, a body of Luxembourg's Ministry of Housing and an exclusive partner of IMMOTOP.LU.
The Grand Duchy's real estate market is very tight. The demand is greater than the supply, which raises rates all over the country. In the east, the Moselle and Mullerthal regions are not exempt, but this doesn't prevent construction projects from flourishing here and there.
Find your real estate property in eastern Luxembourg on the real estate portal, IMMOTOP.LU.